|Change of Husband Name due to Remarriage after Divorce.
A divorce is a legal agreement dissolving a marriage. A divorce can be stressful, and it can put people in emotional trauma. But, as times passes, things are fine, once again. Your near and dear ones will find another suitable match and get you remarried. And, finally, you are back on track with life.
After divorce, some women go ahead and do the change of surname. At the same time others just keep their surname. There are various reasons like, may be they don’t want any complications in their children’s documents.
Talking about change of husband name due to remarriage; you can do the name change only if you have the divorce decree with you. Because, you will have to attach a copy of the divorce decree for doing a change of husband name due to remarriage.
Ouch! There was a server error.Retry »
Fill the Details & Get Advertisement Cost
FAQ’s Change of Husband Name due to Remarriage after Divorce.
Q: Is it mandatory to change your name after divorce?
A: No! It’s not mandatory to change your name after divorce. It’s a personal choice. But in case you are doing a change of name/surname, you should make the name change in all your important documents.
Q: Can I continue using my surname after my divorce with my husband?
A: you can continue using your surname (husband’s name). But, if your divorced husband objects and gets a court order, you will have to change your surname (Husband’s name).
Q: I got divorced and then remarried again. I wish to do a change of husband name due to remarriage. What needs to be done? Please specify the procedures.
A: The procedure for change of husband name due to remarriage/after marriage is mentioned below.
- Legally register your marriage. You can download the form from your state government’s website. Then, fill it and submit it at Sub Registrar’s Office.
- Submit photocopies of documents like Aadhar Card, PAN card etc. (the whole set of documents list is mentioned on the government’s website.
- Make an affidavit for change of husband name due to remarriage. It will have the details like, your previous name, new name and the reason for a change in middle name.
- Publish an Advertisement in the newspaper, announcing the change of husband name due to remarriage. The change of name guidelines requires you to place an advertisement in the newspaper. You can chose a regional language newspaper (your local/state language), and an English daily to place the advertisement for your change of husband name due to remarriage. You can see some of the advertisement samples here.
- Apply for a Gazette Notification for change of husband name due to remarriage / Do a Gazette Notification for change of husband name due to remarriage: A notification needs to be published in the Gazette of the concerned state, regarding change of husband name due to remarriage.
What do I need to do to make a “change of husband name due to remarriage”?
We’ll tell you how to make a “change of husband name due to remarriage” in the state of Maharashtra.
The solution is: a Gazette Notification.
The application process for a “The application process for a “change of Middle Name Change after Marriage” Gazette Notification, in Maharashtra state, is online. One needs to apply in the government’s official website dedicated to change of name wherein, you will need to upload the application form along with the documents.
For all your queries, contact: 9821794000