Change of Surname after Marriage in Maharashtra India

How to apply for Change of Name after Marriage in Maharashtra?

In case you wish to change the Name after marriage in Maharashtra kindly find below the details.
Note: The Below mentioned details are only for changing the name after 1st Marriage, incase of Remarriage the whole procedure, process & documents are different. For Remarriage Cases call : 022 6770 6000
Here we are updating you the complete Procedure to change the name after marriage, The Process to Apply, How to Apply, documents required, time duration, etc.

Generally after Marriage female,
◘ Change the first name, Along with replacing husband Name with Father name in Middle Name, and Changes surname.
◘ While some Changes only Middle name & Surname.
◘ While some changes Middle name, and Add spouse surname along maiden Surname (Like Mahima Ramesh Desai Pathak)
◘ Add Spouse name or Replace Father Name with husband name

In India, Marriages are authenticated only after completing civil formalities in return they get the Marriage certificate, But Marriage certificate issued by BMC has Old name of the Bride, so the marriage certificate is not completely accepted as the valid document for Change of Name After Marriage everywhere.

After marriage & adopting a new name, female needs to update the new name on all the important documents like Pan, Aadhar, Voter cards. Driving license, Bank accounts, insurance policies, service records, etc. So the only valid document which supports the cause of change of name due to any reason in India is Gazette Notification, through which they can apply to change the name and update the new name adopted after marriage.

GAZETTE NOTIFICATION for Change of name after Marriage

GAZETTE NOTIFICATION is a authorized legal document published weekly for Chang of name. The gazette is printed by the Maharashtra Government Press. The Gazette Notification has 4 important details: Old Name | New Name | Address | Registration No.
Generally, after applying for Gazette Notification & Fee Payment the process Takes around 7 to 14 Days. Gazette is issued every Saturday Only.

The Procedure to change of name / Where to apply for a Change of Name

In case any Major wish to change Name / Middle / Surname to Maiden Name for major after Divorce in Maharashtra, then they need to apply for the Change of name online ( Since the offline system is not available in Maharashtra ) on the official government website, Along with the Proper document required ( without that case will be not accepted ), later the Government official will review your application, and if everything seems fine ( Application, Document, Reason etc. Then they Approve the Case & it gets published in Gazette of Maharashtra.

Kindly follow the list of document required for applying gazette for the change of name after marriage.
For Major / Adults ( Mandatory Documents )
ID Proof: Pan card or Passport or Driving Licence or Aadhar Card or Voters Id
Address proof: Ration Card or Aadhar Card or Electricity Bill
Photo: One Passport Size Photo
Application Form: Duly Signed Application Form with all details Old & New Name, Correspondence address, Contact Details & reason for the Name change

Important Tips:
1. The documents mentioned above are only accepted
2. The applicant has to be the resident of Maharashtra (Holding address of Maharashtra)
4. The Document should be within Validity